Learn about our classes, drop-in events, and dog shows. Proof of current canine vaccinations (Rabies and DHPP) are required for any activity. Activities are either hosted at Beltrami County Fairgrounds or Bark Avenue. Check the “Scheduled Events” page for more details about planned activities. Activities vary by instructor/facility availability, class size, and weather.
Class registration and payment must be provided by the start of the first class. No refunds are issued after the first class. Classes are usually a few weeks long.
- Level 1 Obedience: Focus on the basics. Learn how to use positive reinforcement to get your dog’s attention, walk on a loose lead, sit, down, stay, and come.
- Level 2 Obedience: For graduates of Level 1 Obedience. Emphasis is placed on reliable recall, sit, down, stay,and off-leash work.
- Rally Obedience: Reinforce your dog’s obedience skills by learning to complete a United Kennel Club signed course.
- Therapy Dog: Familiarize your dog with medical equipment and learn how to conduct therapy dog visits as part of the Beltrami County Therapy Dog program. All dog-handler teams participating in the county therapy dog program must successfully complete this course along with an observed visitation. A Canine Good Citizen test (accredited by the American Kennel Club) is optional on the final day of class.
Drop-in events are typically hosted for few hours and are a fun way to learn about a dog sporting events.
- Agility: Learn how to run your dog through tunnels, hoops, jumps, and more.
- Rally Obedience: Learn how to complete a United Kennel Club signed course.
- Conformation: Learn how to show your dog in an accredited United Kennel Club dog show.
More information about these annual events will be posted as soon as they’re available.
- Open Fun Show Fundraiser: An unofficial dog show fundraiser. This can be a great way to get dog show experience in a low-stress environment. Typically hosted in the summer.
- United Kennel Club Dog Show: An official dog show sanctioned by the United Kennel Club. Compete to earn new titles!